+1 (646) 992-4711


+1 (646) 992-4711 | Info@EB5states.com

Book A Zoom Call

Click To Meet In Vietnam, India, Singapore- Mar 23

How to convert an E-2 visa to a Green card?

EB5 States > Grenada Citizenship Timeline

Table of Contents

How to Convert an E-2 Visa to a Green Card?

E2 visa to Green card:

To convert an E-2 visa to a Green Card, there are several pathways you can consider. Here are some options:


  1. EB-5 Investor Visa through Direct or Regional Center Investment: If you are willing to invest substantial capital in a new commercial enterprise in the United States, you may be eligible for an EB-5 investor visa. This visa allows you to pursue a Green Card based on your investment through direct investment or investing in a designated regional center.
  2. Green Card through your Spouse’s Employer: If your spouse holds a valid Green Card or is a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to apply for a Green Card as their spouse. This option is available if your spouse’s employer is willing to sponsor your Green Card application.
  3. EB1A Immigrant Visa for People with Extraordinary Abilities: If you possess extraordinary abilities in the fields of arts, sciences, athletics, education, or business, you may qualify for an EB1A immigrant visa. This category is specifically designed for individuals who have reached the very top of their field and allows for self-petitioning, meaning you can apply for a Green Card without employer sponsorship.
  4. National Interest Waiver (under EB-2 Visa for Advanced Degree Professionals): If you have an advanced degree or exceptional ability in certain fields, you may be eligible for a National Interest Waiver (NIW) under the EB-2 visa category. The NIW allows you to request a waiver of the usual job offer requirement by demonstrating that your work is in the national interest of the United States.
  5. E-2 Employee to Green Card Through Marriage: If you are currently in the United States on an E-2 visa and marry a U.S. citizen, you may be able to adjust your status to obtain a Green Card through marriage. This option allows you to transition from a non-immigrant visa category (E-2) to an immigrant visa category (Green Card) based on your marital relationship.

Detailed Information on How to Obtain a Green Card from an E-2 Visa

  1. Through the EB-5 Visa: The EB-5 Visa is an immigrant visa designed for investors who are willing to invest a minimum of $800,000 into a new business or project in the United States, which in turn creates at least ten jobs for U.S. workers. This visa allows the investor, their spouse, and unmarried children under 21 years old to obtain a green card, provided there is no visa backlog for the investor’s country of birth. To learn more about the EB-5 requirements, click here.
  2. Through Spouse’s Employer Sponsorship: One advantage of the E-2 visa is that it allows the dependent spouse of the investor to apply for work authorization and work anywhere in the United States, while the investor is restricted to working only for the E-2 company. To obtain a green card through the sponsorship of the spouse’s employer, the U.S. employer must obtain an approved Labor Certification from the Department of Labor, and the applicant must be approved for either an EB-2 or EB-3 visa. The applicant can then adjust their status within the U.S. or obtain a visa abroad.
  3. EB1A Visa: The EB1A immigrant visa is designed for individuals with extraordinary abilities in the fields of arts, sciences, athletics, education, or business. Extraordinary ability refers to being among a small percentage of top achievers in their respective fields. One notable advantage of the EB1A visa is that it does not require employer sponsorship and can be filed without a job offer.
  4. National Interest Waiver (NIW): The NIW is a subcategory of the EB-2 visa and is available to professionals with advanced degrees or individuals with exceptional abilities. Similar to the EB1A visa, the NIW allows applicants to apply for an EB-2 visa without a company sponsor or a specific job offer in the United States.
  5. Green Card through Marriage: A genuine and legally recognized marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident can provide immigrant benefits, including the opportunity to apply for a green card.